What is Second Career funding?
The Second Career strategy launched by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities pays for the training or education that Ontarians require to get a better job. It provides financial help up to $28,000, or more in some cases without loan
Can you apply for Second Career funding?
Definitely yes, it is there for you if you meet anyone of the followings:
- You received Employment Insurance after Jan. 2005
- You have been laid off from a job after Jan. 2005
- You are currently unemployed or working in a temporary job
- You left the job because of sickness
- You took a maternity leave then didn’t return to a full time job now
- Your employment contract finished
How much does it cover?
It’s a financial aid up to $28,000, some case even more, which can cover some or all of the following expenses depending on your specific case:
- Living Expenses
- Help caring for dependents
- Disability supports
- Other living and training costs
Want to have more information? Call to see what we can help!