If you are receiving Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) you may be eligible for being paid with training costs through Work Transition
What training service does Work Transition cover?
- ESL training
- Literacy and basic skills
- Vocational skills training
- Training on the job
- Job search training
- Employment placement services
- Work trial
Vocational skills training services improve existing job skills and/or teach new skills, vocational skills training can be conducted by a Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) registered private career college. The training received from such providers ensures that workers have current, marketable skills and valid credentials to return to work in the identified suitable occupation.
- Generally a college program would not exceed 2 years in length, and is subject to the total 3 year plan length if provided in combination with other services. Workers attending colleges that have career counseling and work placement services are expected to use these services during and after the program.
- Generally, the maximum spending for private career colleges is $10,000 in total.
Want to have more information? Call to see what we can help!