The Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist Assistant diploma program primarily will focus on the growth and development of the human body and the different physiotherapy methods & technique to support clients’ independence, activities, and help in proper physical functioning. In this program, students will get the opportunity to get a good idea on the theory behind the practice of occupational therapy and physiotherapy, and side by side be able to apply the acquired knowledge through clinical experiences and practicum sessions during placements.
48 weeks instructor-led full time training with placement
Contact hours: 1105 hours
Applicant must have Grade 12 level or a university degree or a college diploma and demonstrated competency in English.
After students finish in class training, students will have an opportunity to have a minimum 8 weeks of full time placement in clinics and rehabilitation center
This program provide career opportunities for those who are interested to provide and ensure the best possible rehabilitation effects for people suffering from: physical injuries from motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries, spinal cord injuries, stroke, mental health conditions, transplants, cystic fibrosis, and health or wellness promotion, illness from aging, developmental disability, or emotional disability. Individuals in these cases will need help and support to go back to their daily lives and resume regular work-life balance. A physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant can help such needy persons to lead back their regular routine life.
- occupational therapy aide
- occupational therapy helper
- physical therapy attendant
- physiotherapy attendant
- physiotherapy helper
- physiotherapy assistant
- rehabilitation aide
- rehabilitation assistant
Physiotherapy Assistant and Occupational Therapy Assistant (3414), this is an occupation under Skills Matrix B in the NOC code As a Physiotherapy Assistant and Occupational Therapy Assistant, the main duties include the followings:
- Therapy assistants prepare and maintain equipment and supplies
- Assisting physiotherapist/ occupational therapist with client care
- Comprehend treatment plans and accurately facilitate care
- Maintain and file regular records of attendance and treatment interventions to support workload measurement system
- Maintenance and cleanliness of treatment area and equipment
- Collect outcome data
- Inventory clinical supplies
- Perform routine office functions, such as answer telephone, portering patients
- Comply with safety standards
You can view the program video by clicking here.