This program will provide students Knowledge of Food Regulations, CFIA and USDA, GMP, SOP, GLP, HACCP, Quality Assurance in Food Manufacturing, Food Packaging & Labelling, nutritional analysis for Moisture, Protein, Fat, Ash, Carbohydrates, Vitamins, Mineral Etc, Various food processing technology, Food Plant Sanitation, food chemistry, food analysis, food microbiology, food development.
Quality Assurance in Food Manufacturing will prepare our students understanding quality management system , principles of product complaint, total quality control management, control of raw materials, process and finished products; sampling, evaluation of sensory properties and other factors, at the end of the course student will manage quality related issues as well as various regulatory requirements.
HACCP Course provide the principles related to HACCP that is widely used and endorsed internationally by industry and consumer groups. HACCP Auditor lead an understanding of the ASQ HACCP Auditor for preparing, performing, reporting, and following up audit results. after completing this course, the student can create HACCP plan for industry and can take the examination of certified HACCP auditor (American Society for Quality).
All the students will practice in our college analytical laboratory to get hands-on skills of general methods of Wheat, Flour and Bread Analysis, Fruit and Vegetable, Vitamins, Meat and milk analysis Etc. after this hand-on training, our students have ability to work in food quality control laboratory.
40 weeks (810 hours) instructor-led full time training
Applicant must have Grade 12 level or a university degree or a Science college diploma and demonstrated competency in English.
Food processing is a huge industry. It affects every person and related to many areas. There are a lot of job opportunities. This program covers the whole procedure of food processing. After students finished this program they will apply for the position in any of these industries:
- Food products industry
- Federal and provincial governments
- Pharmaceutical companies(industry)
- Cosmetic industry
- Chemical products industry
- Medical and research laboratories
- Environmental Laboratories
- Quality control technician – Food processing
- Food products inspector
- Product tester – food and beverage processing
- HACCP Coordinator
- Public health inspector
- Quality assurance technologist
- Quality assurance specialist
- Quality control technician - food processing
- Quality control technologist - food processing
- Plant Sanitation
- Food Package design
- Formulation technician
- Food assembly supervisor
- Food service supervisor
- Food service supervisor, hospital
Diploma is issued after the completion of program. Quality control technician –food processing (2211), this is an occupation under Skills Matrix B in the NOC code
- Perform testing for all incoming raw materials/Finished Goods.
- Maintain a well-organized laboratory environment.
- Issue, update and file QA paper work including COA's, product specifications, product ingredient listings, nutritional information.
- Review and maintain regulations of Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Maintain and update HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) program.
- Provide training of Good Manufacturing Practice for Food Production Employees.
- Create written quality control standards for all products (Standard Operating Procedures) including establishing regular testing parameters on raw materials through finished goods.
- Facilitate and monitor Non Conformance Requests.
- Conduct internal GMP audits, process audits as required.
- Verify process procedures to ensure compliance of finished product and raw materials to established specifications