This program includes two sections: Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Quality Control will provide students with a variety of topics related to the up-to-date regulations, analytical monographs, basic organic and analytical chemistry, working knowledge of analytical instrumental techniques (HPLC, UV-Vis, FT-IR, TLC, GC, and dissolution), computerized integrators and troubleshooting techniques and microbiology knowledge in the pharmaceutical area. Students will perform complex chemical and physical analysis on a wide range of pharmaceutical products in accordance with established procedures and analytical monographs such as US Pharmacopeia and British Pharmacopoeia.
Quality assurance will bring to the students a wide range of knowledge of quality assurance guidance GMP, GLP, and ICH in all areas that impact drug quality. Students will gain knowledge about the quality system and proper documentation practices (GDPs), SOPs and principles of product complaints, product recall, returned goods, change control and CAPA. They will learn how to manage validation protocol, batch documents, and investigation reports and be familiar with facility audits. At the end of the course, students will manage GMP and quality related issues as well as various regulatory requirements. The course will introduce to the student's essential knowledge of regulatory across a broad range of healthcare products including medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics and combination products.
46 weeks (920 hours) instructor-led, full-time training Applicant must have a university degree/science college diploma and demonstrated competency in English.
This program focuses on equipment and instrument analysis skills, knowledge and application of quality assurance in a laboratory environment and gaining experience for chemical, food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry. After students finish this program they will apply for the position in any of these industries:
- Pharmaceutical companies(industry)
- Cosmetic industry
- Food products industry
- Chemical products industry
- Federal and provincial governments
- Medical and research laboratories
- Environmental laboratories
- Natural health product companies
- Quality Control Analyst/Technician/Chemist
- Analytical Chemist
- Chemical Analyst Raw Material/Finished Products/Stability
- Process Chemist
- Laboratory Technician
- Quality Assurance Document/Data Reviewer
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technologist
- Research Chemist
- Research Assistant
- Analytical Services Chemist
- Quality Assurance Inspector
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance Associate
- Analyst HPLC/Chromatographer Analyst
- Instrument Specialist
- Calibration Technician/Chemist
- Laboratory Assistant, etc
You can view the program video by clicking here.