This program provides students with knowledge and skills about human sample procurement processing and a variety of medical lab tests. Students will be able to work in hospital, medical clinics and clinical research laboratories.
49 weeks instructor-led full-time training With Co-op
200 hours Local Clinic and hospital co-op
Registered with Medical Laboratory Professionals Association of Ontario (MLPAO)
Enroll in Medical Laboratory Technician Program Today!
The Medical Laboratory Technician program is designed for students who are going to work as a Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant in a hospital, medical laboratory, clinic, clinical research laboratory etc. In this program students will learn:
- General Anatomy & Physiology
- Laboratory Mathematics & Quality Control
- Spl Procurement, Process & Data Collect
- Laboratory Safety
- Laboratory Equipment
- Anatomical Pathology & Cytology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Clinical Chemistry
- Clinical Hematology
- Medical Terminology
- Professional Practice and Communication
- First aid and CPR
- Comprehensive review
- Clinical Practice
Applicants must have a Grade 12 level education and a university degree/college diploma from a science-related program. They must also have a demonstrated competency in English.
- Medical Certificate (Immunization Form) is required indicating that the student has up-to-date immunization
- CPR & First Aid Certificates – It is preferred to have completed STANDARD FIRST AID and BASIC RESCUER CPR prior to clinical placement
- A police check of Criminal Record – Must be produced within 30 days of starting school
After students finish in-class training, students will have an opportunity to have a minimum of 6 weeks of full-time placement in a clinical facility, such as CML, life lab, and hospital etc.
With the ageing population, there is a growing demand for medical laboratory technicians in all aspects of healthcare. This means excellent job opportunities for new professionals entering the medical field! Diploma holders are qualified to accept positions in many medical settings including:
- Blood collection centers
- Public health laboratories
- Government laboratories
- Medical laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Bio-Medical Laboratories
- Teaching institutions training laboratories
- Health boards
- Insurance companies
- Addiction centers
- Blood donor centers
Book A Complimentary Tour Now
Trust our experience to find your own career!