The Healthcare industry is growing day by day. A Medical Laboratory Technician helps the doctors and physicians by providing them diagnostic results from the medical lab so they can help and cure patients. This shows how Medical Laboratory Technicians play a vital role in the healthcare system. Most of us often search for Medical Laboratory Technician Program in Toronto. So let us break the jynx and give you the answer you are looking for
What role does Medical Laboratory Technician Play in the healthcare field?
Medical Laboratory Technicians play an important role in the healthcare sector as Hospitals and doctors’ offices depend on them. Medical Lab Technicians work under the supervision of lab managers or lab technologists, physicians to conduct lab tests on the specimens received. Doctors need to wait for the completion of tests from Medical Lab Technicians to determine which kind of treatment to suggest to patients.
What does Medical Laboratory Technician do?
Medical Laboratory Technicians analyze and perform lab tests on body fluids such as urine or blood using advanced lab equipment. With the help of this tool, medical laboratory technicians detect any diseases or abnormalities, matching blood compatibility and create a report.
Moreover, medical lab technicians also help in maintaining, cleanliness of the lab equipment, collecting tissue, blood or other samples, rearranging and combining samples, etc.
Medical Laboratory Technician Job Duties
– Identify existing or quantity of drug abuse and toxic substances by using toxicology and perform methods to check carbon monoxide and blood alcohol levels
– Provide test results to hospitals or clinics for patient diagnosis by performing hand chemistry
– Provide test results for the patient diagnosis by performing hematology, urinalysis or manual methods of differentials
– Provide test results ( Immunology) for the patient treatment by operating types of equipment such as densitometer, spectrophotometer, gamma counter, etc.
– Keep Patient’s information confidential and adhere to workplace policies, professional standards, state, federal and local requirements
– Showing Leadership quality by being accountable for completing requests from time to time thus achieving job accomplishments
– Showing excellent organization skills like accurately matching computer orders with specimens including sorting, labelling, checking and arranging reports, etc.
– Running standard and controls and maintaining quality, doing routine equipment checks using troubleshooting.
– Actively participating in answering questions, training staff, participating in the growth of the organization.
– Using microbiology to provide hospitals and physicians with information on patient’s infections like bacteria, fungi, mycobacteria and parasites, etc.
How to Become a Medical Laboratory Technician? Step by Step
1. Find if choosing a career as a Medical Laboratory Technician right for you
Research if you possess the right skills to become a Medical Laboratory Technician which includes attention to detail, accountability, keeping records accurate. Moreover, medical lab technicians also possess dependability, organization skills and consistency. If you feel you have the ability to fulfil this role, then you can pursue the next step
2. Get a High School Diploma with relevant/required coursework
It is important to have a high school diploma which can set the ground for you and develop a solid foundation in becoming a Medical Laboratory Technician.
Include credits in your education like chemistry, mathematics and biology to excel in this field. On the other hand, adding English and communication in your curriculum can be useful as a Medical Laboratory Technician often interact with other medical professions and within the organization.
– What will students learn in Classroom study?
In the Classroom, students will learn Medical terminology, basic, biology anatomy and physiology, clinical, microbiology, chemistry and hematology and laboratory equipment and safety procedures which will act as a building block for a career as a Medical lab technician
– What will students learn in Practicum or work placement?
The practical study will provide students with an opportunity to perform the daily procedures of a Medical Laboratory Technician by utilizing all the knowledge and techniques learned in the classroom study. Moreover, exceptional work in the work placement may lead to a job opportunity
3. Finish a Medical Laboratory Technician Program
Medical Laboratory Technicians must complete a relevant education to work in this field. Completing a Medical Laboratory Technician program from an accredited college can help you achieve that. Most of the Medical Lab Technician programs often come with a combination of classroom and hands-on training. This helps students get the required knowledge and real-life experience which makes them ready to join the workforce.
4. Gaining License and other certifications if required
Completing a Medical Laboratory Technician program will make you eligible to write the License exam by the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario (MLPAO). For complete information on the license examination, please call 416-821-4876
5. Job Search and career opportunities
Medical Laboratory Technicians are in demand in Canada and these jobs are usually found in hospitals, clinics, government laboratories, blood collection centres, universities, health boards, addiction and blood donor centres. Pharma-Medical college can help you in job search and resume writing.
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary Canada
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Canada is CAD $17.97
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in Canada is CAD $47,816
Note: The source of the Medical Laboratory Technician salary information is from Payscale
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary Ontario
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in Toronto, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Toronto is CAD $17.72
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in Toronto is CAD $44,962
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in Mississauga, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Mississauga is CAD $17.02
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in Scarborough, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Scarborough is CAD $17.49
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in Brampton, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Brampton is CAD $18.00
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary in London, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in London is CAD $17.64
Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Ottawa, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Ottawa is CAD $17.49
Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Hamilton, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Hamilton is CAD $17.00
Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Oshawa, Ontario
– The Average Medical Laboratory Technician Hourly Pay in Hamilton is CAD $28.50
Is there any Medical Laboratory Technician School Online?
Yes! Pharma-Medical College is currently offering the Medical Laboratory Technician Program remotely due to COVID-19. You can contact us with any questions related to the program and enrollment date, we will be happy to assist you further. , Call at +1 416 821 4876 / 1 877 872 4835. For more information, please visit our website
Medical Laboratory Technician School Cost Toronto
For information on Tuition Fee, please call +1 416 821 4876 / 1 877 872 4835 or visit our College
Toronto Campus – 505 Consumers Road, Suite 100, Toronto, ON M2J 4V8
Etobicoke Campus – 2 Billingham Road, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6E1
Medical Laboratory Technician Program in Toronto
If you are searching for a Medical Laboratory Technician program in Toronto then Pharma-Medical College will be the right search for you. We have a lot of experience in Medical and Healthcare and do provide work placement to students. So if you want to study Medical Lab Technician Program, Pharma-Medical College is exactly you are looking for
Medical Laboratory Technician Course Syllabus Toronto
Our Medical Laboratory Technician Course Syllabus includes 13 modules with work placement. The program covers all the required elements and aspects to work as a medical laboratory technician/assistant and job duties. Our program’s main focus is on both practical and theoretical knowledge. After the successful completion of this program, students will be eligible to write the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario (MLPAO) License exam. Our Medical Laboratory Technician course syllabus is designed for students who are going to work as a Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant in a hospital, medical laboratory, clinic, clinical research laboratory etc. Below is a breakdown of what Module students will cover throughout the program
Module 1: Standards of Practice
Module 2: Medical Terminology
Module 3: Basic Biology Anatomy and Physiology
Module 4: Laboratory Mathematics & Quality Control
Module 5: Sample Procurement Processing and Data Collection
Module 6: Laboratory Safety
Module 7: Laboratory Equipment & Supplies
Module 8: Anatomy Pathology & Cytology
Module 9: Clinical Microbiology
Module 10: Clinical Chemistry
Module 11: Clinical Hematology
Module 12: ImmunoHematology
Module 13: Electrocardiograms
Medical Laboratory Technician Education Requirement
To apply for Medical Laboratory Technician at Pharma-Medical College, Applicants must have a Grade 12 level education and a university degree/college diploma from a science-related program. On the other hand, they must also have a demonstrated competency in English. If you have any questions, call us at +1 416 821 4876 / 1 877 872 4835
Will I get a Job after studying the Medical Laboratory Technician Program?
Pharma-Medical College offers work placement in the Medical Laboratory Technician program so students can get Hands-On practice working as a Medical Laboratory Technician. We help in resume writing and interview preparation for students so you find no difficulty and excel in your career
What work environment Medical Laboratory Technicians work in?
Medical Laboratory Technicians work in diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, physician offices. On the other hand, medical laboratory technicians also work in research facilities, clinics, blood and organ banks, public health organizations and companies selling medical equipment
Can I study the Medical Laboratory Technician Program Online?
Yes! You can study the Medical Laboratory Technician Program online. Our Medical Laboratory Technician program is temporarily being offered remotely due to COVID-19. You can call us for any inquiry and we will be happy to assist you – +1 416 821 4876 / 1 877 872 4835. For more information, please visit our website
I want to Study the Medical Laboratory Technician Program? What should I do?
Visit Pharma-Medical College. We are located at
– 505 Consumers Road, Suite 100, Toronto, ON M2J 4V8
– 2 Billingham Road, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6E1